Sunday, June 5, 2011

Auf Weidersehen Austin

Saturday afternoon I drove to Houston to catch my Lufthansa flight to Germany. I guess I should mention that although I have travelled all over the USA,  a little bit a Canada, and travel a lot in Mexico...I have never been to Europe. So this was my maiden voyage....

Additionally I have never flown in a 747.  I was pretty impressed. I don't know what things are like on other airlines, but I knew I was in for a treat when I asked for Bloody Mary mix for a beverage and she poured in vodka as well. Not only did they serve a real dinner.... with actual metal cutlery, but we also got a full breakfast. During dinner there was a nice period where the attendants were walking through the cabin with a bottle of wine in each hand... "Would you like red or white with your meal?"

Clearly, I've been riding on domestic airlines too long.... I was pretty much in shock with the great service.... LOL

I was planning to study up on my death penalty facts a bit and work on learning some more German... but the in-flight movies killed my ambition.  in my defense, I could say that in spite of the good food and great service, there was no internet/Wi-Fi.... so I settled for a couple of movies instead.  I especially like "The Adjustment Bureau"..... Have y'all seen it?

So I am up for breakfast on my 747 and arrive in Frankfort at about 8 AM local time and then off for another flight to Berlin.  Very efficient luggage service, btw.... the baggage handler was right off the jetway for our plane and the exit was also right there... no long walks through the terminal...

Sebastian from the IFA (our hosts) met me at the exit and put on a taxi to the hotel... Now I am in Berlin!


No comments:

Post a Comment